HOTEL PELOPS STATEMENT REGARDING COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Last Updated: March 4th 2014
This Statement Regarding Cookies and Other Technologies (this “Statement”) describes the different types of Cookies and Other Technologies that may be used in connection with the websites owned and controlled by Hotel Pelops. (“Pelops,” “we,” or “us”) from which you are accessing this Statement (the “Site”). This Statement also describes how you can manage Cookies and Other Technologies.
We may change this Statement at any time. Please take a look at the “LAST UPDATED” section at the top of this page to see when this Statement was last revised. Any changes in this Statement will become effective when we make the revised Statement available on or through the Site.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at hotelpelops [at] hotelpelops.gr or by postal mail at Hotel Pelops, Varela 2, Ancient Olympia, 270 65, Greece.
Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Our Collection and Use of Other Information
- Managing Cookies and Other Technologies
Like many other websites, our Site may use “Cookies” or “Other Technologies” (such as “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar technologies) to help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the Site, deliver online and mobile ads and content for us and others specific to your interests, process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns.
- Remember your user name and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Ensure you obtain all requested information;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently; and
- Help us and others deliver communications and content to you that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Below we explain the different types of Cookies that may be used on the Site.
- Required Cookies. Required Cookiesare necessary for the Site to work, and enable you to move around it anduse its services and features. Disabling these Cookieswill encumber the Site’s performance, and may make theservices and features unavailable.
- FunctionalCookies. We use FunctionalCookies to save your settings on the Site—settings such as your languagepreference, or booking information you have previously used when booking ahotel with us. We also use Functional Cookies to store such things as thelast hotel you searched for, so you can easily find it the next time youvisit. Some Functional Cookies are essential to viewing maps or videos onour Site. We also use “Flash Cookies” for some of our animatedcontent.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies allow us and other advertisers to showyou the most relevant products, offers, and advertisements on the Site andthird-party sites. For example, some Advertising Cookies help our serviceproviders and other advertisers select advertisements that are based onyour interests including those expressed or inferred across websites andonline services and over time. Others help prevent the same advertisementfrom continuously reappearing for you. These types of Cookies also help usprovide you with content on the Site that is tailored to your interests and needs.
Advertising Cookies also include Social Plug-In Cookies and Analytics Cookies. Social Plug-In Cookies are used to share content from the Site with members and non-members of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. These Cookies are usually set by the social networking provider, enabling such sharing to be smooth and seamless. Analytics Cookies collect information about your use of the Site, and enable us to improve the way it works. These Cookies provide us with aggregated information on metrics such as the most frequently visited pages on the Site, help us record any difficulties you had with the Site, help us monitor how our visitors reach the Site, and show us whether advertising by us or others is effective or not. This also allows us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, rather than just the usage of a single person.
We distinguish between session Cookies and persistent Cookies.
- Session Cookies. These types of Cookies are stored only temporarilyduring a browsing session, and are deleted from your device when you closethe browser. We use session Cookies to support the functionality of the Siteand to understand your use of the Site—that is, which pages you visit,which links you use and how long you stay on each page.
- Persistent Cookies: These types ofCookies are not deleted when you close your browser, but are saved on yourdevice for a fixed period of time or until you delete them. Each time youvisit the Site, the server that set the Cookie will recognize thepersistent Cookie saved on your device. We and others use persistent Cookiesto store your preferences, so that they are available for your next visit,to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how oftenyou return, how your use of the Site may vary over time and theeffectiveness of advertising efforts.
Other Technologies may also be used, allowing us and third parties to know when you visit the Site, and to understand how you interact with emails or advertisements. Through Other Technologies, non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. Note that, to the extent information collected through Cookies and Other Information constitutes personal information, the provisions in the Global Privacy Statement apply and complement this Statement.
If you want to remove or block Cookies from your device at any time, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies). Hotel Pelops is not responsible for your browser settings. You can find good and simple instructions on how to manage Cookies on the different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also find a good summary of how to manage Flash Cookies at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Please be aware that rejecting Cookies may affect your ability to perform certain transactions on the Site, and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
If you want to clean out all of the Cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking Cookies: